The Indian publishing BPO industry is expected to grow rapidly, given the rise in the number of international publishing companies that outsource - which include traditional segments such as STM/Academic, Educational & Legal Publishing, as well as new segments such as magazines, corporate and B2B publishing. Publishing outsourcing includes a wide range of services, and the four broad heads that Spenta aims to focus on are content, design, digital conversion and fulfilment/distribution.
- Content continues to drive the industry and contributes to 72 percent of the total industry revenues. With an excellent editorial staff, Spenta is able to provide a number of services within content creation for international publishers, covering the full range from simple copyediting and fact checking, to writing and exclusive content generation for print and web publishing.
- Design & Composition is increasingly being offshored, as the publishing industry around the globe tightens its belt. Spenta’s highly skilled design and art directing team is more than capable of meeting print, web and digital design and composition needs, such as page layouts, typesetting, indexing, illustrations, graphics design, image Handling, image processing and multimedia development
- Digital Content Conversion is one of the fastest growing BPO services in the publishing industry. Converting content (books, magazines, newspapers) to digital formats enables its multi-channel use and cross-media distribution, via e-readers, smartphones, notebook PCs, etc. Spenta is already investing in this emerging area, expanding in-house skills to include digital magazine development, e-book creation and innovative web application development for multimedia enabled books, ready for use on new devices such as the i-Pad.
- Print: Offshoring to Spenta’s state of the art printing press can serve as a highly effective, offshore resource to large publishers in the West. There are plans to shift Spenta’s print facilities from its present site to a much larger facility out of city limits and expand it into a completely integrated web sheet fed and finishing unit.
- Digital: With the increasing popularity of e-books, digital magazines, and device-specific content, the need for developing digital platforms for their dissemination and delivery to the end-user is an area that Spenta is able to address, and is already in discussions with international partners to provide this service.